Functional testing is a part of manual testing where it describes that what the purpose of the product created is. Functional testing is performed using the functional specification and requirements proposed by the client and verify the system against each functional requirement. Business requirements are the inputs to functional testing. Functional testing describes what the product does; it should also cover all the scenarios including failure paths and boundary cases.
Functional testing mainly concentrates on
- End User Requirements are matched and completed: Testing the main functions of an application that we have met the client’s requirements and the functioning he actually asked for.
- Testing Functionality in every aspect: Testing the application on full functional basis both on positive test cases and negative test cases
- Completing Business and Technical requirements: When working with functions of the application, a tester always concentrates that actual business requirements are fulfilled for the client and are not altered with other functionalities technically.
- Testing Error Conditions: Functional test cases to check with error conditions. It tests whether proper error messages are displayed.
What we do at Cogniter
- Identifying the functions that software is expected to work on
- Creating input data according to client requirement specification
- Showing outputs based on the functions performed
- Writing test cases and performing them as per requirement
- Comparing inputs to the outputs
- To see to it that we meet and exceed client requirement
Benefits of Functional Testing
- It ensures proper working of all the functionalities of an application
- It ensures that an application meets client’s requirement
- It improves overall quality of the application
- It simulates actual system usage. It does not make any system structure assumptions
- Covers all failures results way before it reaches at user end
Various applications we have covered with Functional testing
IFA sport is web and mobile application (IOS) designed, developed and polished by Cogniter Technologies. This website was designed by UK based clients who wanted to turn up there online football sessions booking business in Dubai. It has been working live from last 1 year with regular transactions of more than AED 50000 per day. The quality standards maintained for the application was always high.
Lease our house is one of the emerging web and mobile application polished by Cogniter Technologies. This is one of the top rated applications used to rent or sublet an apartment in Canada. Applications are used by large number of happy customers who find it very easy to add a property to sublet or a property to rent. This is simple yet powerful application winning many hearts in Canada.
Golfler is an award winning mobile application which has won awards from both the PGA of America and Google. This app is very much successful in USA and is now used by number of golf clubs and players expanding there business and managing it online. Customers are very much satisfied with the accurate app results and the location system.
Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2011
Talk to Us
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's talk about your product.