Backlinks are one of the best ways to help you achieve more SEO success. They help Google understand the quality of a web page and its relevance to the search query.
Dofollow and Nofollow links are the two kinds of links that you can use to increase a website's ranking in search engines. We'll give you a complete guide to understanding the do-follow and no-follow backlinks.
So, let's get started!
What are Dofollow Links?
Dofollow links hold a special place in the world of Search engine optimization because Google considers your website to be more trusted if you have more backlinks. These links contain a "do-follow" keyword in their anchor text.
The idea is to make these links more likely to be clicked on than normal hyperlinks. When you create a dofollow link, it will show up as an author byline on the website and in search results. This means that you get credit for sharing the content with others.
For example: <a href="http://www.example.com">dofollow Link</a>
When to Use Dofollow Links?
There are three main reasons to use dofollow links:
1. Sending traffic to a different website: If the site you're sending traffic to has an affiliate program and is willing to accept your referral link, then dofollow links will work better than nofollow. This way, other people see the link as an endorsement of their product or service (since it's coming from someone who knows how valuable it is). They'll also be more likely to click through because they know that this person also uses their products/services.
2. When You Want to Promote Your Product: In this scenario, dofollow links will help boost awareness of your brand while still keeping users safe by not forcing them down any particular path. They can choose whether or not they want to follow further instructions after reading those initial ones if desired.
What are Nofollow Links?
Nofollow links are categorized as "nofollow" by the link's domain. It means that if you click on these links, you will not be directed to the destination site. Nofollow links are typically used in blogs and in other places where you want to get your readers to leave their own comments and interact with the content of the page. A nofollow link is a link that does not pass on any value from your site to the destination website.
For example: <a href=”https://www.example.com” rel=”nofollow”></a>
When to Use Nofollow Links?
One of the most common reasons for using nofollow links is when you want to link to a site that has nothing to do with your content. This could be because you're promoting a product or service or even just trying to send traffic from one site to another.
Dofollow Vs Nofollow Links: Which is Better?
People often confuse DoFollow and NoFollow terms. Over time, both Google and Bing have made it easier to determine which links are dofollow or nofollow. SEO Services focus on building backlinks to achieve higher rankings. Since these terms are clear now, let's shed some light on the battle for the best backlinks.
1. Dofollow links are designed to pass the link juice, or their value, to the site they are linking to. Nofollow links are not designed to pass any value from the website they link to.
2. A dofollow link is a link that points to another website and tells search engines that they should follow it. When you see the word "dofollow" in your SERP, it means that the site has permitted us to link back to them. This is different from nofollow links, which will not add value or help your rankings because they don't contain any links themselves.
3. Dofollow links are also considered "authoritative" since they are usually given priority to rank over non-dofollow links.
4 Nofollow links are the raw, unadulterated version of a dofollow link. Nofollow links are not followed by Google and do not pass any link juice. To give it to you in short means that the site linking to you will not be rewarded for it. It is an excellent way to get backlinks from genuine sites, but if you have used this technique just to get backlinks, it will harm your website.
Any SEO expert would tell you that backlinking is the best way to increase your website rankings. This is because backlinks are more trusted and are more often followed. A healthy backlink profile can help you outsmart your competition and contribute to achieving first-page rankings.
Hiring a reputed SEO company
is great for setting up a backlink enhancement analysis and knowing what improvements are required to achieve high traffic and rankings.